BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Surgery is done....


Yesterday was so stressful...from start to finish is was about 3.5 hours long before we got to see him again, it was literally touch and go.The surfery itself went wonderful barely any bleeding at all!Intubateing him was difficult so he still has the breathing the machine in him, he is staying in the PICU at the stollery hospital, unfortunately i can't stay over night with him as they dont have beds for the parents in there :(. Iknow he is in great hands, he has nurse 24hours in his room doing everything for him.They will try extubating him hopefully tomorrow, he keeps trying to wake up but they cant let him do this due to the tube going down his throat so he had to be re sedated this morning.I hope his recovery goes quickly and he can tolerate his feeds again soon so we can all be home together, i miss my babies.

3 comments:

Jelica55 said...

I found your story a few weeks ago after searching Trisomy 18 on YouTube. I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience for others to read. I found out three weeks ago at my level two ultrasound that my baby has trisomy 18, and your story has greatly uplifted me. I am hoping and praying for a miracle. As I want nothing more than to have her beat all the odds, and prove my doctors wrong like Nolan did! If you have any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have a facebook and myspace if you would be open to messaging me. Thank you again for sharing your life changing experience with Nolan. He is truly amazing, and I will keep hoping the best for him.

Anna said...

It's so great to hear that everything went well, I hope he recovers quickly and is back home soon!! Thoughts and prayers

Amanda said...

thanks girls and jelica yes i would love to chat with you!